Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Getting Nosy


You’re unsatisfied with your current insurance coverage. It could be for a variety reasons: a bad claim experience, poor agency relationship, coverage gaps, or pricing. So now what?

You decide to ask your friends or check out social media for a local independent agent. You come across our Facebook page and notice that a lot of your friends “like” Spalding Insurance Agency. Now it is time to for you to get a quote.

Once you get in touch with one of our agents expect us to play question-master.

Here is a story from the other day.

I had a lady call in , her sister referred her to our agency ,and she wanted a home and auto insurance quote. I asked her if she had some time so I could ask her some questions about her home and auto. She said yes and I was on my way.

About midway through my questions, which mind you don’t take that long, she asked me why I needed all of this information just for an insurance quote.

My first thought was “just an insurance quote”, really? Your home and cars are your most valuable assets. I know when going to the mechanic I don’t want them to rush through the inspection because it is “just my breaks”. But for some reason people don’t understand why we are asking all of these questions. So I told her, although you may think I am being nosy, I am in fact asking questions to get to know you and potential risks in your life. Image

In order to be of benefit to you it is pivotal that your insurance agent takes the time to better understand your risks and how to limit  or eliminate them . Insurance is complicated and as an agent it is our job to help you better understand coverage options that help reduce or eliminate your exposures. But in order for us to do that we must get to know you a little bit.

We are going to ask you questions that are pertinent to finding the best policy for you and your family. It might seem like we are being nosy, which is good, because we are being nosy. We are trying to find out your exposures to risks and looking for ways to reduce or eliminate potential gaps in coverage.  

So if you’re looking for a quote from Spalding Insurance understand that although we are convenient and easy to work with. We are also thorough in making sure we get to know you and your exposures. You might think we are being nosy but it is your interests we have in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment